The first part of the highly anticipated Minecraft 1.17 update “Caves & Cliffs” has officially landed. Minecrafters can now download the update and play it on the device of their choice.
Mojang has named update 1.17 as their most ambitious endeavor. This is partly why the update comes in two parts. The second part should appear in a few months.
World generation changes will appear in the second part of the update. This is arguably one of the most anticipated features in the Caves & Cliffs update among Minecraft fans.
What new features are available in the Minecraft 1.17 Part 1 update?
As part of today’s update, several new Minecraft features have arrived, including new mobs, items, blocks, advancements, over 300 bug fixes, accessibility improvements, and much more.
New mobs added in Minecraft 1.17 Part 1 update
Three new mobs were added to the official Minecraft release today. These are goats, axolotls, and glowing squids. The highly anticipated Warden mob is expected to be released in the second part of the update.
New blocks added in Minecraft 1.17 Part 1 update
Thanks to this update, tons of new blocks have been added to Minecraft today. These blocks include:
- Stalactite & pointed stalactite
- Amethyst block
- Block made of pig iron, gold and copper
- Powder snow block
- Deepslate & infected deepslate
- Deep shale ores
- Deep slate bricks, walls, stairs and slabs
- Cracked deepslate bricks, walls, stairs and slabs
- Polished deepslate bricks, walls, stairs and slabs
- Paved deepslate bricks, walls, stairs and slabs
- Deepslate tile bricks, wall, stairs and slabs
- Tinted glass
- Smooth & polished basalt
- Moss block
- Rooted dirt
- Stalactite blocks
New items added in Minecraft 1.17 Part 1 update
Along with the new blocks, a number of new items have also been added to the game. These articles include:
- Bucket of powder snow
- Luminous article frames
- Glowing squid ink sack
- Azalea flower
- Lightning rod
- Hanging roots
- Axolotl, goat and radiant squid spawn eggs
- Glowing berries
New advances added in Minecraft 1.17 Part 1 update
As part of the Caves & Cliffs update, many new advances have been added to Minecraft, including:
- “Whatever your goat is swimming!” to swim in a boat with a goat.
- “Wax on” for applying honeycomb to a copper block.
- “Wax off” for scraping wax off a copper block.
- “The Cutest Predator” for catching an axolotl in a bucket.
- “The Healing Power of Friendship!” For teaming up with an axolotl and winning a fight.
- “Glow and Behold” to make a sign shine.
- “Light as a rabbit” for hiking in powder snow with leather boots.
- “Voltage protection!” for a lightning strike to a lightning rod near a villager without setting the area on fire.
- “Is it a bird?” to look at a parrot through binoculars.
- “Is it a balloon?” to look at a ghast through binoculars.
- “Is it an airplane?” for viewing the Ender kite through binoculars.
Players can learn more about the new advances here.
Other notable features added in the Minecraft 1.17 Part 1 update:
While it’s only the first part of the full update, today’s patch was pretty extensive and contained a lot of things that most players might not even notice. Some of the most notable features are:
- A Shulker who hits a Shulker with a Shulker bullet can craft a new Shulker.
- Additions to Wandering Trader and Mason Trades.
- Bundles and Shulker Box items will drop their contents when destroyed.
- The destruction times for infested blocks have been changed.
- Changes to shipwreck and mine shaft loot.
- Dirt paths (formerly grass path) can now be created with a shovel on dirt, podzol, mycelium, or coarse dirt (as well as grass).
- Drowned people now have a chance to drop a copper bar and will no longer drop gold bars.
- Experience Orbs are now sometimes merged in large quantities to improve performance. This doesn’t change the speed at which the player can absorb them, it just limits the number of individual balls floating around in the world. Merging spheres preserve the life of the most recently created sphere.
- Holding down the space bar now increases the scrolling speed in the credits.
- Minecarts and rails work in the water.
- Particles will now appear when pistons break blocks.
- Some blocks in the “Building Blocks” tab in the creative menu have been rearranged.
- The redstone tab in the creative menu has been rearranged.
- Simple firework rockets with a gunpowder can now be made using the recipe book.
Players can read more about other features, including new tech features, Here.
Please help Sportskeedas Minecraft area by taking this 30 second poll.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Minecraft Servers for 2021