We are hosting a call tomorrow (June 24th) for MEDIANAMA MEMBERS ONLYto discuss the confrontation between Twitter and the Indian government and what it means for the Internet in India.
If you are not a member, you should subscribe to MediaNama.
We’re giving ~ 20% discount on subscriptions for our birthday week. New subscribers will also receive call details by 11 a.m. tomorrow to join this session.
Use code HBDMN27JUN at the elimuspreparation.com/subscription/
The confrontation between Twitter and the Indian government has been the subject of much TV debates and words written in India. Although these developments seem specific to a company and a period of time, we believe that they follow at least a few years of development and could be a sign of the future.
Let us take a step back and examine this situation in the context of everything that has happened on the Indian Internet in recent years. We want to clarify some important questions:
- Why is this confrontation taking place?
- What trends have led to these developments?
- Can this happen on any platform? Could it happen to you
- How have things changed after the IT rules in 2021?
- What did Twitter do right? What could Twitter have done better?
- What are other countries doing?
- What can we expect from the Indian government in the future?
- June 24th (Thursday), 2021
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:10 p.m .: Check-in
- 2:10 pm – 2:40 pm: Presentation on Twitter vs. Indian government
- 2:40 pm – 3:30 pm: Discussion and Q&A
You can read MediaNama’s coverage of the IT rules here.