Indira Awas yojana/ Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Indira Awas Yojana is a social welfare initiative that was launched in 1985. At that time, it was launched by the prime minister of that time, Late Rajiv Gandhi. The major goal behind this initiative was to provide the housing facility to those who belonged to a financially backward class or society. Under this initiative, various houses were built for the people who come under the Below Poverty Line. Through this initiative, the government of India is providing financial help for the people who live in rural areas or are homeless.
Benefits of Indira Awas Yojana
The major inspiration for designing and deploying this scheme was to provide shelter to homeless peoples. The scheme has already provided shelter to more than 1 crore families who were earlier living in kutcha houses. The houses provided under the scheme have all the basic amenities like water supply, electricity, etc.
Similar to this scheme another scheme called Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was established. The goal of this scheme was to provide financial help to the people who cannot themselves build a pucca house.
Indira Awas yojana list
This is the list of people who are allotted housing facilities under the scheme. People who have applied under the scheme can check the list for knowing whether they have been allotted the house or not. On the official portal of the Ministry of Rural development, anyone can easily view the list. For checking this list, you can follow the given sequence of steps:
- Open the official website of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India
- Choose the stakeholders option in the search bar
- Choose the beneficiary list from the available options
- Fill in the details asked on the screen which is mainly the registration number
- On submission, you will be able to see your application status.
The process for viewing the list without a registration number is as follows:
- After clicking on the beneficiary page option, you should click on the advanced search option.
- Provide the asked details on the screen. This includes state, scheme, district, etc.
- Click on the submit button after filling the details
- After complete verification of the details, you will be able to view the list
Eligibility criteria for applying under Indira Awas Yojana
For applying under Indira Awas Yojana the candidate must fulfill all the eligibility criteria set by the concerned authorities. These criteria are listed here:
- The applicant must not be owning any kind of pucca house. Owners of the pucca house cannot apply for the scheme
- Any kind of benefits from other kinds of housing schemes should be available to the applicant
- The applicant or his /her family should not earn more than 6 lacs annually
- People falling under categories like LIG, MIG can apply under this scheme
- People belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST) communities can apply under this scheme
The application process for Indira Awas Yojana
The application can be submitted either through offline mode or online mode. If the applicant wishes to apply through offline mode then he/she can visit the nearby Jan Sewa Kendra. At Jan Sewa Kendra you will be instructed on how to apply for the scheme.
To apply online for the application, you need to follow the given sequence of steps:
- Open the official website
- Choose the citizen assessment option on the home page
- Under this option choose Benefit under three components option
- Fill in the asked details like Aadhar number, name and click on check button
- The application form will appear on the screen. Fill in all the asked details correctly.
- After filling the form click on submit button
Documents required for applying under the scheme
Certain documents are required by the applicant to submit or present for successful allotment under the scheme. Some of these documents are listed here:
- Identity proof like Aadhar card or voter id card.
- Certificate and proof of income
- Salary certificate if the applicant receives a salary
- The bank statement of the applicant
- Form 16
- The applicant needs to submit an affidavit which shows neither him/her nor his/her family owns a pucca house.
Frequently asked questions about Indira Awas Yojana
Can all the family members receive benefits from this scheme?
No, only a single-family can apply for the scheme. Individual members of the family are not eligible to apply if any one of them have already applied and received the benefit. Also, if any member of the family owns a pucca house then also the other members cannot apply for the scheme.
Do women have any other special benefit under the scheme?
The matriarchal household quota is available under this scheme. If any women apply for this quota under the scheme then the family can get a house under the ownership of the women.
What happens if an application is rejected?
If an application is rejected due to eligibility issues then the applicant is not eligible for applying under the scheme. Otherwise, if it gets rejected due to other issues like application process issues then you can easily re-apply. It is generally recommended to apply through offline mode.