Pokemon GO has become a global phenomenon and players of all ages enjoy the game.
That being said, some players will want to permanently delete their account at some point.
There are two facts to keep in mind when someone wants to delete their Pokemon GO account. First of all, permanently deleting an account is irreversible. Second, players cannot use the same email address or username if they decide to create a new account in the future.
Deleting a Pokemon GO Account on a Computer
Players can follow the steps below to delete a Pokemon GO account on a computer:
- Go to the contact form on Niantic.
- Enter all required information and select “Delete my account” from the problem category. (Note that it is also possible to send a message explaining the reason for the account deletion.)
- Fill in the “Security Text” correctly and click Submit.
- Confirm the request for deletion in the email to the address provided. The deletion then takes a few days or weeks.
Deleting a Pokemon GO account on a mobile device
If a player wants to delete their Pokemon GO account from their mobile device, they can do the following:
- Open the Pokemon GO application on the phone or mobile device.
- Tap on Pokeball for the main menu.
- Find and click Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Get Help.
- If it is an iOS device, select “Contact Us”. If it’s an Android device, tap the message icon in the top right corner.
- Enter “delete my account”.
- Select “How do I delete my account?”.
- Find the link to “Help”.
- Then answer the questions and choose “Delete my account”.
Also read: Pokemon GO: Special Raid Weekend details for June 2021