This week, MediaNama is hosting an online discussion on cybersecurity and healthcare. This meeting will be held on July 28th in collaboration with the CyberPeace Institute and with the support of Facebook.
Registrations for this event will close tomorrow.
COVID-19 AND CYBER ATTACKS ON HEALTHCARE
July 28 (Wednesday), 2021
- 2:15 pm – 2:30 pm: Check-in
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm: Opening address: Lt Gen (Dr.) Rajesh Pant, National Cybersecurity Coordinator, Government of India
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Important findings from the “Playing with life: Cyber attacks on healthcare are attacks on people” Report: Bruno Halopeau, CTO, CyberPeace Institute
- 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Panel discussion with: Arvind Sivaramakrishnan (Apollo Hospitals), Niranjan K. Ramakrishnan (MyLabConnect), Pallavi Bedi (Center for Internet and Society) and Vishal Gondal (GOQii)
- 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Closing speech: Ambassador Latha Reddy, Co-Chair, Global Commission on Cyberspace Stability
Healthcare is a critical infrastructure. The pandemic has brought the fragility of healthcare technology infrastructure into focus as threat actors take advantage of complex and sometimes fragile digital environments. With this discussion, wWe would like to examine the key findings of the Cyberpeace Institute report to better understand the nature of the threats cyberattacks pose to health services, professionals and patients. We hope to continue to discuss and share best practices and recommendations for governments, healthcare institutions, and nonprofits.
Here is a reading list to get you started:
- Healthcare Affected by 45% Rise in E-Virus Cases – The Times of India [Read]
- 7 million cyberattacks on the Indian health sector in October and November: Report – The News Minute [Read]
- Amid COVID19 – Time to Declare India’s Health Sector as a Critical Cyber Security Sector – Diplomat [Read]
- How Hospitals in India Can Prevent Cyber Theft and Medjacking – Express Healthcare [Read]
- Summary: National Digital Health Blueprint proposes new body for digital health mission, health data sharing and registry [Read]
- Dr. Lal PathLabs Revealed Millions of Customer Data: Report [Read]
- Key Aspects: National Digital Health Mission Data Management Policy [Read]
- Health misinformation attracted 3.8 billion views on Facebook last year: report [Read]
- Everything you need to know about the National Digital Health Mission [Read]
- Health Industry Wish List for India’s Personal Data Protection Act [Read]
- The National Health Stack is evolving: medical records in progress [Read]
- Fortis is introducing e-consulting in 23 of its hospitals, 8k consultations have been carried out so far [Read]
- Personal Data Protection Act, 2019: Consideration of the Impact on the Health Sector [Read]
- UN Internet Governance Forum: Risks and Regulation of AI in Healthcare [Read]
- The state telemedicine platform eSanjeevani has Rs 100 crore. assigned [Read]
This is an invitation-only event, Don’t forget to sign up. MediaNamas Subscribers get priority access to our discussions.
This is an advertisement for the MediaNama event. MediaNama’s Native Advertising Policy can be viewed here, and previous advertisements here. For advertising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in sponsoring our events, please contact email@example.com.